Session - 2
In his Presidential address, Shri Manpreet Singh Badal, Finance Minister of Punjab highlighted the strengths of Punjab in the form of infrastructure, human capital and above all willingness of the Government to provide a conducive environment to innovation led enterprises.
Sh. RK Verma, Principal Secretary, Science Technology & Environment highlighted “Mission Innovate Punjab”. He also informed that DSTE has also taken up the setting up of Global Innovation Hub in Mohali to developed it as Innovation City. Plaksha University, having global strength in innovation led research would be the knowledge partner for the development of the same.
The inaugural session showcased Punjab as land of opportunities for innovations. The session included:
- What is State of Punjab doing to promote research and innovation ecosystem in the State.
- How can State bring synergies between Universities and Research Institutions, Industry and Government
- How can Punjab position itself as an emerging destination for research and innovation?
During inauguration, the Department of Science, Technology & Environment signed MoU’s with research institutes & industry to further strengthen the network which has been started previously by DSTE by signing MoUs with various state universities as well as Industrial Associations to enhance industry academia partnership under Mission Innovate Punjab.Further, following three documents were released during inaugural:
- Road map of Mission Innovate Punjab
- Draft State Action Plan for Climate Change
- Draft Global Innovation Hub, Mohali